Wii Are Family

"Wii are family - get up everybody let's bowl." Ok, that's taking the song on a spin, no pun intended.











The picture of Roda playing the game is my favorite. She has such a cute, endearing personality and the shirt is a great example. Rob and Roda, the newlyweds, are back home. They had a great time in Las Vegas. Roda is wearing a shirt that on the front reads, "LAS VE" and on the bottom end of the back "GAS." Hehe.


Ok, a little background on the Wii game. A couple of days ago, Greg said, "I bought your birthday gift (birthday is in October)." I asked for a hint. Greg replied, "I saw two women using it and they seemed to have a good time... and it's something I've been thinking about since we went on the cruise to Alaska."



Sometimes I speak before thinking, "Oh no. Don't tell me it's a Wii game." Umm, boy did I guess it right away. I've never been one to play video games. Granted, the Wii thing is slightly different. It was neat to watch it, but I well what can I say?

Greg wanted to return the game, but I knew that he wanted it and that mattered to me. I suggested that he keep it, "otherwise, I'll have to get it for you for Christmas."

Last night, Greg barbecued and invited my family over. They loved the Wii bowling. My parents were naturals, which isn't surprising to me. I thought the picture of Rob and Roda together was adorable ~ is that newlyweds for you or what?








Dad really put a spin on the ball. I think he was the first one to get a Strike in the game. A couple of games later and Rob knew exactly where to line up for the game!


















Hmm, didn't I write a poem about bowling just recently? Well, I'm a good cheerleader for the family. I enjoyed seeing them all have a good time.

Comments

GypsiAdventure said…
I think the Wii games are fun..they keep me, the hub and our friends entertained all night!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
~K
Susie said…
I LOVE the family Wii!!! Awesome!!
Anonymous said…
i love, love, love the wii.

next up---you gotta get the wii fit. you can do yoga, aerobics and strength trainging.

good fun.
looks great! fitness, fun and family - really greaat combo.
Unknown said…
WE love our Wii!! You will be totally hooked! I was never a video game person either.
Weeksie50 said…
What a fun post.
I love the wii.
This looks my family all
gathered around waiting on their turn..
Lilly said…
My sister's family are right into the Wii games and the fit one too!. It looks kind of fun and something everyone can get involved in and thats a good thing too. Love the pictures and yes, the newly weds do look adorable! Nice to hear it is still BBQ weather for you!
Jessica said…
I love the Wii! It's so great for get togethers! :)
A New Yorker said…
I have wanted one of these so badly! Looks like you are all having so much fun. :-)
Aleta said…
Thanks, every one, for enjoying this post. I actually liked the bowling (gasp!). And hey, it felt good to play the tennis game. Rob and I took tennis lessons when we were teenagers and loved it, though I haven't played for years and years. Maybe as the cooler weather comes in, we'll give it try again.

And.. maybe... we'll get the Wii Fit. I've heard mixed reviews. Does anyone have this?