Wedding Renovations

My parents are renovating their master bathroom. It’s something my Mom has wanted to do since I was in high school (yes, that long). They finally decided to put the plans into action, only it’s not something simply; nothing ever is, right? They wanted to expand the bathroom.

Originally it was a shower and toilet and one sink closet, sorry, room. To make it more “master” like, they knocked down the walk-in closet walls and the closet in the guest bedroom behind the master bathroom. There used to be a long hallway, which is now divided into two closets and their bedroom now opens up into the formal living room with 2 French doors. Can you picture all of the rooms involved in this simple (cough) bathroom renovation?

Did I mention that Rob and Roda are getting married this Saturday? ? The renovations were supposed to be finished by September 10th, but Gustav pushed it back and then with power outages from Ike, yet another day was lost. When I called Mom over the weekend to see how she was doing, her response was “We’re going crazy! Your brother needs pants for the wedding. Your dad need a jacket that fits and I don’t have a dress to wear and the house is a MESS!”

That’s my parents for you ~ they have a wedding to host and scramble in a renovation on the side.

The bathroom is going to be beautiful, classy in black and white tile. I wish I had a before shot to show you. I’ll wait till it’s completed to add the after shot. They do have another bathroom, but it only has a tub in it (this bathroom was renovated a couple of years ago) and looks like a spa. Dad likes showers though and there was no shower for him.

Greg and I went over to visit them today to see how the progress was coming along.

Being as Dad likes showers and there IS one outside. They have a pool in the backyard and with a shower to clean off the chlorine. So ummm, yeah, my Dad… has been taking his showers outside for the past couple of weeks.

Dad said, “I’m going to use the shower in the new bathroom tonight! Finally! I don’t have to go outside to shower. I tell you what, with all that wind we’ve been getting from the hurricanes, I had to nail the shower curtain shut outside otherwise I’d be mooning the world!”

Greg quipped back, “And the world Thanks You!” Hehe

It’s all going to work out. Everything will find its place and the wedding will be lovely.

Comments

GypsiAdventure said…
That's quite comical - showering outside...it's a good thing he didn't blow away with all the crazy hurricane wind that has been here recently. I'm sure everything will come together beautifully for the wedding..how exciting!
~K
Lilly said…
Aleta - how funny and of course this wedding is gong to go off without a hitch. After all you and your family have had to deal with!!! And I love the thought of black and white tiles - check my latest post for reasons why. Cannot wait to see the pictures of the wedding. I hope they allow you to! Have a great weekend and my best to the happy couple (the other ones, but best to you and Greg too!!_
Kellan said…
That's funny about your dad taking his showers out back - tee hee! It's nice to make things new and pretty - hope they enjoy their new bedroom/bath!

Take care - Kellan
Kellan said…
That's funny about your dad taking his showers out back - tee hee! It's nice to make things new and pretty - hope they enjoy their new bedroom/bath!

Take care - Kellan
Rashikaps said…
I'd love to see the 'after' fotos.. I've black n white tiles in my bathroom too but overall it isn't anything fancy.
Ugich Konitari said…
They say if you have emerged unscathed through all kinds of trials and problems, natural and otherwise, its now time for a celebration. tangling with hurricanes, evacuations, accidents and renovations, I think you absolutely qualify....

Have a wonderful wedding celebration for your brother, and tell him that he has best wishes from across the world :-)

And I am so glad for your dad (about the shower)....
A New Yorker said…
Mooning the world. THAT's WAY too funny.
Ndinombethe said…
Showers out back reminds me of my grandfather. He had an outside shower for the pool as well, but his master bathroom had huge glass sliding doors and no curtains - said he liked to be able to survey the land (cocoa estate) when he was on the throne.

My poor grandmother, a very 'proper' lady. No idea how she put up with it.
Constance said…
Aleta,
Would love to see pictures of the wedding and the bathroom after it is finished !
Aleta said…
Hi Kel ~ I have to admit that I laughed when I thought of Dad showering outside and then with the wind whipping around. I’m glad my family enjoys their sense of humor.

Hi Lilly ~ I’ll definitely have to take pictures of the new bathroom. They just finished putting in the sinks. But oh my gosh, they have so much more to clean the house and then decorate it for the wedding – too few days before Saturday.

Hi Kellan ~ I told my parents, “With all that you’ve done in this renovation, it’s almost like you have a new house.” They’re thrilled with the results.

Hi Rashikaps ~ I wish I had taken some before shots to compare it to. Hopefully I can share some renovations soon!

Hi Ugich Konitari ~ I like the way that you think! Based on what you wrote, I agree ~ we’re qualified.

Hi Lauren ~ No kidding! Lol

Hi Tash ~ That reminds me.. the new renovations – the shower has a glass door. The bathroom door is a French door. If they opened their bedroom window (which leads out to the street) – anyone from the street could watch as they shower. Lol. They’ll have to make sure to close the blinds (on the window and the French doors)

Hi Annie ~ I’d be happy to share. I’ve seen Roda’s dress ~ it’s perfect for her. She’s going to be a beautiful bride. Rob bought a new suit as well. They look great together!
Lindsey said…
Nice quip to you husband-to-be! :)
Aleta said…
Hi Lindsey ~ Greg is something else. He comes up with the funniest things, always keeps me laughing.