Surprise Shower

Greg said, "Nobody wants to hear about that." When I told him I was going to blog about the surprise shower for Roda. That's a man for you!


Roda worked for the company that my family part-owns and runs. She brought us up to date on back-logged scanning, which needed to be done and in the process was able to get to know the office staff. Everyone wanted to contribute to a gift and cake to celebrate their upcoming ceremony.

We didn't tell Roda about the shower, just that we had some more paperwork to scan. She came in, started working. Kevin (our cousin on Mom's side) also works for the office. He went to pick up the cake while she scanned. I had Rob tell Roda to turn around and took this first picture.

The office staff picked two items from her registry. One was a really nice spice rack and the other item was a pitcher that fits on the door of a refrigerator.






















(Office Staff from left to right: Karen, April, Kevin (You can barely make him out in the back row), Keisha, Pam (she's hiding behind Lola), Lola and of course, Roda and Rob.






































(Attached to the bags in the gift were measuring spoons in the shape of hearts with little saying on them, such as "a cup of love", "dash of patience" and so forth)



The last set of pictures are of Rob feeding Roda the cake. I didn't want to buy a regular cake, because Roda is such a good baker. Instead, we bought icecream cake, something different. She told Rob, "No, that's too big of a piece" at first. They are adorable together!


































Comments

This sounds like great fun. I'm sure you are all too excited and super-busy about the wedding. All the best to Rob and Rhoda and the rest of the family.
Jessica said…
I love the pictures of them with the cake! They both looks so happy. :)
GypsiAdventure said…
Looks like a wonderful time!
~K
Lilly said…
Tell Greg we love these posts!!! Ohhhh they do look so sweet together too. How exciting its going to be and I for one cannot wait to see pictures. It makes me smile coming to your blog Aleta. You have such a beautiful nature and it shines through your posts! By the way I said on my comment to you on my blog that only brunettes get to be beautiful and exotic - my daughter is very dark and people keep asking her which country she come from??? Strange in this day and age.
Karen said…
Hi Aleta, I just wanted to stop by and thank you for your visits and to say hi.

I really enjoyed your post and agree with you that Rob and Roda look like a very sweet couple. She certainly looked happy with the surprise you had in store for her.
what a nice thing to do...i cam over from kel's, btw. anyway, i think that is super nice of you all. i have had 4 kids and a marriage and have gotten not much more than a card from work, so kudos to you for making the company feel like family!
Scarlet said…
Those last pics are adorable! All of them, really. :)

It looks like a great time was had by all. I'm actually heading to a baby shower this evening and looking forward to this kind of fun...and the cake, of course. :)

Enjoy your weekend!!
Scarlet said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aleta said…
Thank you, Everyone, for writing a response to this blog. It was a lot of fun to surprise Roda. I wanted to respond sooner, but the wedding decorating and renovations grabbed all my time away. But I wanted to drop a quick note of Thanks, because it really does brighten my day to hear from you!
Rashikaps said…
This would have been such a pleasant surprise.. Roda is lucky to have y'all as family :)