Garfield Monday


Garfield was one of my favorites to read. He doesn't like Monday's either.. or mornings. Greg is determined to make me into a morning person, but Honey, I hate to tell you, it won't happen.

So, to lighten my mood, thought I'd share a couple of funnies with you that my friend sent to me. She's studying to be a Librarian:

"In class our instructor told us that someone did a survey of librarians so they could create a profile of the profession. When the survey was completed and analyzed the only commonality that the researcher could find is that librarians have sex in elevators! Someone in class piped up 'That's because we can't afford a room!'"

(After that comment, I'll never look at a Library Elevator the same way!)

"I think I have gotten the most unusual reference question. :) A lady called and said her mother and her were having a debate about twins. She needed to know if Identical Twins could be of different sexes. I said no and then looked it up on the net. I found a doctor's website that explained the difference between Identical Twins and Fraternal Twins. She said she knew she was right and then put her mother on the phone. Her mother didn't believe it. So I went through this big explaination about eggs and sperm and x and y chromosomes and splitting eggs. When I finished the woman said, "I have seen boy and girl twins that looked exactly alike." So I explained that yes Fraternal Twins can look very similar but they still weren't identical. By the end of it all she still didn't believe me. I needed some chocolate after this one. I would have gone for a margarita but they won't let me drink at work."

Comments

Kavi said…
The elevator twist to the story, is intriguing. But you can be sure, i am going to think of this post, every time i am going to take an elevator :)
GypsiAdventure said…
HA - I love garfield funnies!
~K
A New Yorker said…
I can think of a very snarky comment at the moment but I am being a "good girl".
Kellan said…
The very first indicatation that twins are NOT identical is if - one is a boy and one is a girl - that is called opposites! My twins are identical twins and I get that question A LOT. Also - do they run in your family? Did you know that only women carry the chance to have twins? Even if you are a male and you were a twin - it is not you that determine if twins occur - it's ALL in the eggs. There are either 2 eggs (fraternal) or one egg that splits - identical.

Sorry, I got going on that.

Have a good evening - Kellan
Lilly said…
Librarians must have quite an interesting life when you think about it but who would have guess they had elevators in common? Like Kavi, I think I will think about your post Aleta every time I get in one. Funny post and made me smile which is just what you need early in the week!
Vikki North said…
So funny. I love Garfield also. I used to read Snoopy/Peanuts growing up.

My assistant was an identical twin. They were ‘so identical’ in appearance, voice, the way they laughed and even their expressions that it was almost creepy, Aleta- BUT they were completely opposite in personality: My assistant was this wonderful low key guy and his brother was a ladies man and wild.
Vikki
Sukku said…
I love that funny cat...have a great day ahead of you.
Jaquanda Rae said…
thanks for peeping my blog aleta. i like the elevator joke.....smile.

i was tickled that you didn't know how to respond to the post. thanks for your concern.

we jamaicans "teck kin teet kibba haat bun" which means we take our smiles and laughter to quieten/trivialize (kibba) our heartaches (haat bun).
Jennifer said…
I'm not a morning person either--and never will be!!

LOL at the elevator coincidence!!
Lindsey said…
That elevator thing is hilarious!! WOW.
Anonymous said…
I love :
Tin-Tin.
Debbie Y. said…
I have twin nieces who are mirror image identical twins, but because it is mirror image they look just a little different from each other or so I think. Only me, my mom, and the twins mom could tell them apart for years, my own brother couldn't tell them apart. As they got older one wanted to wear bangs and the other didn't, it was easier for their dad to tell them apart after that. LOL

I can't believe the lady still argued with you after you explained everything. Some people feel they are right even after being proven totally wrong.

Thanks about your comment on my blog. Yes I am insanely happy.
Aleta said…
Hi Kavi ~ Funny thing is, after I heard that story from my friend, I went to the library. The section that I needed to go to was on the 2nd floor. I found a staircase and an elevator, side by side to get me there. Which do you think I took? The stairs. hehe..

Hi Kel ~ Glad it made you smile!

Hi Lauren ~ Now, when have I ever read in your blog that you don't say it like it is? Lol.

Hi Kellan ~ Umm, that's what I thought too - One's a Girl. One's a Boy. I mean, hello? Interesting about the twin gene with being on the mom's side. I've also heard that hair traits are passed through the mother's gene but reflect the mother's father's hair. If I ever have children, they'll go bald. (I have a full head of hair, but my dad is going bald!)

Hi Lilly ~ I'm glad you enjoyed it and always happy to bring a smile, which you posts so often do for me!

Hi Vikki ~ I've heard that about identical twins ~ look so much alike, but they don't have the same personalities. I think it's fascinating!

Hi Sukku ~ I love that funny cat too. He's a classic!

Hi Jaquanda Rae ~ So nice of you to stop by as well. Something tells me that I'll be back to visit yours again!

Hi Lindsey ~ Yep, leaves a lasting impression doesn't it? Hehe

Hi Hobo ~ what a reply! Lol

Hi Debbie ~ Thank heavens for fashion and different taste for twins! I wonder if twins ever try to trip up people and "switch" places!
Anonymous said…
[url=http://sunkomutors.net/][img]http://sunkomutors.net/img-add/euro2.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]where can i buy macromedia, [url=http://sunkomutors.net/]cheap computer software for[/url]
[url=http://sunkomutors.net/][/url] quarkxpress 6 english ut software store
buy used computer software [url=http://sunkomutors.net/]software store script[/url] office 2007 enterprise hack
[url=http://sunkomutors.net/]installing adobe software[/url] software store template
[url=http://sunkomutors.net/]where to buy old software[/url] software with student discount
buy macromedia software [url=http://sunkomutors.net/]software for retail stores[/b]