Symphony in the Sky








Oohhhhhh, Ahhhhh, Happy Birthday, America! I remember celebrating our Independence as a little girl with firecrackers and those sparklers, where we wrote our names in the sky ~ Rob’s hands shook with his first firecracker attempts and I ran from the sounds. My parents still have that video of our youth to this day. It’s a shame they didn’t video tape the 50 dollar (back then, that was even more valuable dollar wise) firework. Dad called all of the neighbors to come see the 50 dollar show and it was nothing but a dud! Hehe.


This year though, we celebrated the 4th at the rooftop of Danny’s condo in the warehouse district. He has a condo next to the Children’s Museum on Gallery Row. It was the first time my parents saw the condo and they really enjoyed it. We were grateful for the breeze on this sultry summer night. Greg brought the radio so we could listen to the synchronized music to the “Battle of the Barges” display. I don’t know if you can tell, but the “burst in the air” are huge, especially if you consider the size of the buildings in some of the pictures. We had a great view.
(I don't know if the video that I took with my camera will come out too well. At one point I didn't realize the camera was still on video mode and it sort of drifted around. This is my first time testing the video ability on blogger, so hope it works!)


~ Happy Birthday, America and God Bless!

Comments

Unknown said…
Wowe! I love the fireworks memeories and displays. I saw fireworks after the Zephyrs game on Thursday evening. New Orleans, the Fourth of July, and Fireworks! It doesn't get much better, does ite!
Happy birthday to your country, and a happy and peaceful year ahead to all its citizens.

I just so loved your poem about wedding dresses. Here in India,too, fashions are changing, but I remember wearing a very traditional red silk BENARASI saree with gold embroidery on the borders and tiny gold flowers all over.
K.C. said…
Your video did work. I wish that I knew how to do it...Maybe I might get a little saucy and try to incorporate a little into my blog...

Loved the fireworks! Kayce
Vikki North said…
It's looks like you had a really wonderful 4th with your family. Thanks for sharing your video and evening with us.
Vikki
Stacey said…
Hi Aleta,
I am a little late.......but... Happy 4th July..................
** pow bang woosh **
(this is me sending you some fire works from my end...not quite the same effect as yours LOL)

Glad you and your family had a great time, the fireworks look stunning. :-D