Greg's Post

The following is written by Greg:

*************

Whos on first?

Obviously Fuzzy Wuzzy.

I sincerely hope that everyone reading this is familiar with the children’s song Fuzzy Wuzzy.

This is directly from Wikipedia …

"Fuzzy Wuzzy " is a song written in 1944 by Al Hoffman, Milton Drake and Jerry Livingston. Its chorus is a well-known rhyme:

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear
Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair
Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't fuzzy, was he?


Ok SO……. My intended Aleta and I were… for some unknown reason discussing this song. OH YEAH!! I remember now… its because I cut my hair very low to my scalp… and my hair is very fine so she rubs it and calls me … Fuzzy … well you get the picture…

So today we are driving home from dinner and she brings it up again…. And after we both say each verse she says…. Any more… I said that those arent the words! She says “It seems like there should be the words “Any more” at the end of that so it would (syllabically) balance…. . I retorted… “But then you are suggesting that Fuzzy Wuzzy was at one time hairy… and he wasn’t.”. She said she understood but the end just didn’t seem to fit.

Then as we are turning to go down our street and after a few moments of silence she exclaims… “ If he is fuzzy Wuzzy wouldn’t that imply that he HAD hair?”.. I laughed under my breath and said… Honey.. that’s the WHOLE purpose to the song… that he was titled incorrectly! It all about irony!” She busted out laughing realizing the absurdity of our entire conversation.

I don’t know… he’s on second.

***********

In my defense ~ I never heard of the Fuzzy Wuzzy song! LOL...

Comments

GypsiAdventure said…
MAYBE, fuzzy wuzzy was fuzzy (like a pig)and had hair but you just couldn't tell?! hehe
~K
Vikki North said…
Or maybe Fuzzy had male pattern baldness or he wore a comb-over.
There’s a myriad of possibilities! Poor Fuzzy Wuzzy.
Vikki
With or without fuzz (even those with are soon without, despite the comb's best efforts), you make a lovely couple.

BTW, the sunflower reminds me of Jack's Beanstalk. Did you meet any giant on top? It's HUGE!
Anonymous said…
never heard of the Fuzzy Wuzzy song?? Loved it when I was a kid!
Also, do you remember warm fuzzies - you gave them to people (they were, like, little cotton balls with googly eyes) to show them you loved them.
Aleta said…
Hi Kel ~ hehe. I like that! My father was a country boy and used to have pet pigs! Intelligent creatures and cute!

HI Vikki ~ Oh good, I'm so glad you see the potetial of the poem ~ I think Greg thought I was silly for the conversation and well, it WAS funny when you think about it..

Hi Sucharita Sarkar ~ awww, you're too sweet! Thank you! I like Greg with his fuzzy wuzzy hair. That's how I met him. He shaved his head for a while and when we started dating it was just starting to come back with the fuzzy hair. He works with chemicals in some hot locations, so for the summertime he cuts his hair back like that. I like it!

HI WeightingGame ~ like your site and thanks for visiting mine! No, I never heard of it until Greg started to sing it. I thought he made it up until he showed it to me online. I never gave out warm fuzzies ~ now that is a cute idea for kids!
Stacey said…
It did make me laugh that you both, had this long conversation about....fuzzy wuzzy bear... :-D

Aleta, you say Greg works with chemicals!! maybe fuzzy wuzzy bear worked with chemicals as well(LOL) ;-D
Raffy Jay said…
Never heard 'bout that nursery rhyme too. But I know the alphabet song. ha-ha
Anonymous said…
Well what a chidren song can do. Singing fuzzy wuzzy, love the song.
Anonymous said…
We used to have a neighbor whose name was Fazzy, so we would sing that song to him all the time.

I remember Warm Fuzzys and also Cold Pricklys. I had a picture book about them that I read over and over when I was little. Did I also have a stuffed fur ball that I called a Warm Fuzzy? I'm thinking that I did.

This was fun! -HB
Lilly said…
I have never heard of the Fuzzy Wuzzy song but I loved the post. However, I do remember warm fuzzies. Great post. Made me smile! And I too think you guys are very well suited and aint love just wonderful!
tina said…
it's cute how the two of you can talk about something like this... it's so silly! :) it's great that he's ok with this kind of thing.

by the way, i'm tagging you :) if you're not reading a book right now, better pick one up soon and turn to page 123... please see my blog for details :) sorry if you've already gotten this tag...
K.C. said…
What a cute couple you guys are. Having a fuzzy wuzzy conversation. It made me smile just reading about it... Kayce
Aleta said…
Hi Stacey ~ You have a good memory about me saying Greg works with chemical. Good point and I’ll have to share that with him! Hehe. Thanks for enjoying the laughter of the moment!


Hi Raffy Jay ~ I’m glad I’m not the only one who hasn’t heard of the nursery rhyme. I delight in the conversation we had, because of the light-heartedness and fun.


Hi Henriette ~ But now I have “fuzzy wuzzy” in my head, repeating the song over and over. Does that ever happen to you? Whenever Greg says that he needs to cut his hair, I’m humming the song now. Lol…


Hi HB ~ Awww, that’s too cute – a stuffed fur ball called a Warm Fuzzy. Childhood memories should be filled with things like that ~ warm fuzzys to bring back the smiles!


Hi Lilly’s Life ~ Love is Wonderful! How true ~ especially when you can enjoy the silly conversations and take pleasure in them. I think we’re well suited too, thanks for saying so!


Hi Tina ~ Actually, he’s not only ok with this kind of thing, but he is the one to start it or at the least, bring it out in me. He’s a happy guy and that makes the world a good place to be. I’m tagged? I’ll have to go look into this!


Hi Kayce ~ Aww, thank you! I’m glad you enjoyed it and it made you smile! I love to share smiles!
Anonymous said…
apparently the song had several more lyrics, and it took 3 guys to write it. (check wikipedia) i am trying to hunt them all down, but its not going well, from some of the entries, it seems maybe there was a bad shaving incident involved in the song?? God love the internet, now we can spend all day searching for information on insanely trivial stuff like this (when we're not all busy looking for pr0n) maybe fuzzy wuzzy was a bare?