You've Been Tagged

Jen got me and in response....


Four Jobs I’ve Had:
1. Taught Piano
2. Substitute Teacher
3. Clerical
4. Office Manager (current)

What are four ways you know you are living your life’s purpose?
1. I try to be kind to people and believe we are on this earth to help on another
2. I’m finding happiness in the little things and appreciating things that was once taken for granted.
3. I’m truly happy in my relationship with Greg, healthiest relationship I’ve ever been in!
4. I have goals.

What are four things you do to take really good care of yourself?
1. I get plenty of sleep.
2. I’m going to doctors appointments (something I always used to put off)
3. I’m starting to cook and plan healthy meals
4. I’m starting to exercise in the morning

What are the four events that have most formed how you live your life today?
1. When my brother sat me down and said I was smarter than just "riding with the tide" and that I could be an honor’s graduate from high school. I didn’t believe in myself much, but I believed in my brother and if he saw something in me, then there had to be something there.
2. Having a miscarriage and divorce soon after - opened my eyes to the strength of God’s love, when you won’t let anyone else in.
3. Keeping my promise to my Mom to finish college with 2 degrees before getting married.
4. Meeting my boyfriend, Greg (he was so worth the wait!) almost 2 years ago and still going strong. He is the love of my life and shows me that you CAN be happy in love.

What are four things you do to keep your motivation up to work out and eat healthy every day?1. I’ve been reading blogs (Jen and MizFit for example) that keep me motivated
2. Greg helps me to stay focused and he gives me Positive feedback, which is important for motivation. I’m glad we’re working out together in the am.
3. Thinking about my parents and how they keep themselves healthy, good role models.
4. I think about having kids. I want to be healthy for a family and a long, happy life with Greg.

Name four people who have been the most influential in motivating you to change your eating and exercise habits:
1. Greg, because of his positive words and his strong desire to be healthy, both with what he eats and exercising. He’s an inspiration!
2. My friend, Kristen, because she never gives up and knows what she wants and how to get to the weight.
3. Jen’s blog and MizFit, as I mentioned before, they are a helpful, positive reinforcement.
4. My parents, because they have been through a lot, physically, and still have a youthful look and love life.

What are your four top reasons for staying off refined sugar and white flour?
1. They trigger me to binge!
2. Greg has diabetes and I don’t want to tempt him!
3. They’re empty calories that could be used for nutritious whole foods.
4. I’m borderline insulin resistant and I don’t want to push that line.

List four ways that blogging has helped you attain or maintain a higher level of health and fitness:
1. It keeps me accountable–once I share my goals, I feel encouraged to achieve them no matter what.
2. It forces me to be honest with myself about what I’m doing (or not) and why.
3. I get such wonderful support from readers and commenters!
4. I feel a responsibility to be a positive example for young women who might stumble upon my blog.

(Ok, I cheated by using Jen’s answers, but they are all true!)

You’ve been tagged! (Most of my friends don’t have blogs, so I can’t put a link, but I’ll list their names and hopefully they will have a moment to respond in the comments – anyone else is welcome to respond as well!)
1. Kristen
2. HB (keeping the privacy)
3. Tavia
4. Shawn

The Rules:
Link to the person who tagged you
Post the rules on your blog
Share four things in these themes (or replace them with your own "four things" questions)
Tag four random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs
Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great answers! Like you, I'm really motivated to get healthy by the thought of having children. I want to be a positive, fit, healthy role model! I'm so glad that my site has been helpful to you--I also LOVE MizFit!!! She's so awesome and funny!