Feel Good Room, DVR Cliffhangers, Morning Glories and Another Bracelet

This blog is going to be a hodge podge of topics!

Greg coined it and there’s a lot of truth to it. We have a Feel Good Room. Starting a tradition, we are waking up at 6am and going into the Feel Good Room to exercise. We start off with some cardio (Greg on the bike and me on the treadmill) and then we alternate with using the BowFlex machine. I told Greg that I liked what he called the room and it’s great working out with him! He created a sign for the room, which I thought was a perfect fit. (Though you can't see it in the pictures too well, the color of the walls - sunshine yellow - not too bright and not too soft. It's a cheerful room!)














Last night, Greg and I were watching American Idol. Greg never cared for the show until he heard David Cook sing Billy Jean. We DVR’d the season and he would play back that song, because it was incredible to listen to, absolute art! We thought we were smart to watch another show while the DVR recorded the final showdown between the two David’s. What a joy it is to zip through the commercials or parts of the program that are fillers (though we watched the majority of it)… and then the ending… The announcer comes down to the last few minutes of the hour and says, "And the winner is…. David…." And the DVR stops it at the hour!

It didn’t record the winner! Greg and I couldn’t believe it! The show was not recorded at the very moment the winner would be given! We went to the Internet, nothing posted yet. Greg said, "Call your mom, maybe she knows who won." I replied, "No, no, she doesn’t watch American Idol, but Kristen does!" Greg said, "Call Kristen! Call her!" When I told Kristen what happened, she busted out laughing and we were pleading with her to tell us! YES!!! David COOK! (Not saying the other David isn’t good, but we really liked Cook.)

OK, so the TV drama is over. Lol. From one art of singing to nature’s role. Here’s an update on our morning glories. Aren’t they beautiful? We bought seeds that had a mixture of colors.






From flowers to petal designs, I finished another bracelet. It is a daisy base and then weaving around.



Comments

Just Me said…
I love the DVR and had to start modifying my recorder settings so that it tapes until 10 minutes after the hour. I used to miss the end of Grey's Anatomy and didn't like that at all :)
Stacey said…
Hi Aleta.....
"A feel good room"....
I love the sound of this,I think everyone should have one...but...not to sure that I could handle the treadmill at six in the morning (LOL) ;-)

Thank you very much for visiting my blog :-D
Great idea! An exercise room is really a feel-good room for both mind and body.

The morning glories were feel-good beautiful, too.

I'm sure making bracelets also make you feel good.(Not so sure about the dentist, though)

It's these little feel-goods that make life's sum of happiness, don't they?
K.C. said…
Yes, we taped the show immediately following IDOL. I don't watch many shows any more, but IDOL is one of them. I would have been in the same "boat" as you guys. That had to have been frustrating. Have a good one. KC
Aleta said…
Hi Just Me ~ I agree, the DVR is a wonderful thing and Lol, we’ve learned our lesson about the 10 min after the hour! I used to watch Grey’s Anatomy, but didn’t catch the last season.

Hi Stacey ~ I didn’t think I could handle the 6am treadmill either. I was known for not being a morning person, but slowly I’m getting there. Greg told my parents when we visited them for lunch, “I was sure that it being a Saturday, Aleta would NOT want to work out. So we snuggled together and my jaw hit the floor when she said, “Come on, let’s go workout.” It took me 10 minutes to recover!” Once I get into a routine, working out is good. It’s the getting the motivation to get the rear in gear that is the hard part for me.

Hi Sucharita Sarkar ~ I like how you saw the feel-good aspect of the post with all of the various things. You hit the nail on the head. It’s the little things in life that sums up and helps us to find happiness. Perfectly understood – thank you!

Hi K.C. ~ Lol. Frustrating is a good word and frantic is probably just as apt. We were running to the Internet to find out who won and then calling and begging a friend to let us know. IDOL is worth it and I’ll be buying David Cook’s CD when it comes out. Well earned!
Vikki North said…
Hi Loan Shark,
Thought I’d come visit you. What a great blog!
I love the American Idol story.- And men talk about us? (I bet they’d all be soap operas addicts if they didn’t have to work.)

Hey, I love your jewelry. Really beautiful designs. Wow!
I’ll stop back again and please visit me.
Vikki
Aleta said…
Hi Vikki ~ Thank you so much for stopping by! I've actually heard of men watching soap operas, which is funny. (Greg said he's NEVER watched the soaps. hehe) Thank you for your kind words about my jewelry; it's a joy to make. I'd definitely visit again!
Just Me said…
Aleta, my DVR did the same thing Thursday with Grey's Anatomy on the last 10 minutes or so. Luckily I was able to catch it on Friday. It was really ironic. Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Aleta said…
Lol, that is ironic! I’m glad you were able to catch it on Friday. But only now did I realize for some reason the DVR did not record Battle Star Galactica this past Friday. I wonder if it didn’t show for some reason. Arrrghhh. Funny how we enjoy certain shows so much! If the producers and actors do it well, it’s almost like a good book – you can’t put it down!