Super Human Powers

Greg and I were watching the National Geographic channel. The theme for tonight's show was super human powers.

One example was how a man could control the temperature of his body. He could run with only shorts on through freezing temperatures in the snow for over an hour and not have frost bite.

Another story was about a man from Turkey who was born with no eyes, yet he could paint incredible pictures and even have dimension in the paintings. He painted with his fingers. I liked that story the most, just incredible paintings!

The story that Greg and I found a little hokey was a women who said she could see sounds. When she hears a sound, she sees colors. The first time it happened, she was in her late teens and was caught in a rainstorm. She realized each sound of the raindrops had individual colors. She described the colors as a ribbon and also said that even words have different colors associated with them when someone speaks. The artist in me thought "beautiful," but how can someone prove this perspective?

Scientifically its called synesthesia and supposedly one person out of every thousand has this ability – to smell a sound or hear a color. At the end of her story, Greg commented, "I wonder what color she sees for farts!" Hehe, that reminds me of something Greg told me about his Dad. When his father was in the army and someone had gas, they would say, "Catch it and paint it green!"

Comments

Pranks said…
Incredible people have always been there in this world..... I don't know whether you have heard of many INDIANS of old times, having great powers in them. check out ....I 'm sure you will like them.
Aleta said…
Hi Pranks,

Thank you for the comment and I'll look into what you said. I think we're all gifted in special ways, some just find theirs quicker.
Anonymous said…
Synesthesia is so intersting to me. I wish I could taste colors or hear flavors or something cool like that. Kind of like a secret superpower!

You should definitely do a 101 things list. I LOVE mine! It's so rewarding to cross items off!
Aleta said…
Hi Jen! Thanks for posting and I absolutely love your site! I did a new blog for my 101 things to do within 1001 days! I'm eager to start the list now. Thanks for being an inspiration!