Hobby Swap

"Aleta’s Accessories" is a site where I showcase some of the jewelry I’ve created. It’s a labor of love and a great way to distract myself from a difficult day at the office.


I wanted to feel certain that I was comfortable with the off-loom even-count peyote stitch. The below bracelet is all peyote and then a ladder stitch to bind the tubes together.


















This is one of my favorites, a braid in the bracelet. It’s fun to make.



So, anyone have any interesting hobbies they’d like to share? I’m also trying to grow a green thumb, that is, a garden. The morning glories are coming up nicely and the vines are starting to curly cue around the latticework, like a child’s hand reaching out…

If you are in the New Orleans area and would like to join a great group of ladies who do beading once a month, check out the New Orleans Beading Society Blog.

Comments

Nice blog. Thanks for the kind comments on mine.
Anonymous said…
Aleta your desings look very elegant. I particular like 'Fall Season', 'Fancy Designs', and 'Christmas'.
The colors are gently I can imagine they would go with any neck.
Aleta said…
Hi Paul Bernard, thank you for the comment. And you're welcome. I enjoy reading your short stories.

Hi Henriette, it's always a pleasure to hear from you! Thank you for your kind words. Making jewelry is a labor of love. The details take the world away.

Hi Oberon, thank you for your comment. Glad you enjoyed.
Anonymous said…
Thanks for your comment! Sadly, I don't have any interesting hobbies to share (the jewelry is beautiful, by the way)--I'm probably the least "crafty" person you'll ever meet. I do a lot of reading and a lot of writing...
Aleta said…
Hi Jen,

I have the feeling that I'll be browsing your site often. You have a lot of good information and helpful suggestions for any person throughout life's endeavors. Thank you kindly for visiting and for enjoying the jewelry.

By the way ~ I think writing is a beautiful craft.