Future Me

What would you say to the "future you?" Would you write of goals and hope that you are on track?

There is a future me site and I thought, "what the heck" so I sent a letter. I looked at some of the "public letters" which is an option I didn’t go for. It was sad to read how many people said, "life sucks." I’m happy and my letter reflects it, as well as the dream for continued joy.

One public letter was from a man in the army. He sent it to his wife, if he wasn’t home from the war that he was in the arms of God. He told his wife not to be mad, because the world won’t stop and the children need her and even if he isn’t there, he needs her too. It was beautifully written.

If you're interested in the site, click here.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This is an interesting phenomena.
'Future Me' Sounds very interesting.
I remember once, I found an old day book I used to write in. The time difference was 6 years and I was supprised how much things and events have change.
At that particular time, when I wrote the day book, I thought every day was the same, so I stopped writting. I was wrong. Changes do happen and often quite different as one may imagine.
Aleta said…
Doesn't it sometimes feel as though day to day ~ things are the same? I hope you continue to write and keep a journal or journal through poetry. You're very right, changes do happen and sometimes it takes a "future me letter" or forgotten day book to remind us of how things have progressed. I'd like to believe the future has many wonderful things in store and for those that aren't so wonderful, then the strength to see through them and grow from said strength. Thanks for your thoughts, Henriette, much appreciated!