Love Version 3.0


* Picture taken while in Lafitte Swamps.

I've taken some wrong paths with love, but finally I understand with Love Version 3.0 ~ it must start with trust and builds with time and nurtured love, wanting the other person to be happy and knowing he makes you happy in return. It's something that grows stronger each new day, how wonderful is that?

There are many qualities about Greg that I love (which you can read in the poem below). I admire and respect his creative nature. Perfect example ~ Just recently, I said I didn't like the old, round, rusty patio table. Greg created a new one. He's so resourceful!




  • He used the left over tiles from my kitchen countertop


  • He used the leg work on the old patio table


  • He used the left over grout from the new work room (former garage)


Viola! ~ a new patio table that is so cool!


Greg can make anything and oh my gosh, do I find that attractive!


How lucky am I that this wonderful guy makes me feel cherished.


He just sent me a text message: "I don't think I could have done better if I looked another 45 years. My whole world is you. Every day is a gift. I love you."


I love you, Sweetheart. XOXO




Acrostic Valentine’s Day Poem ~ 2006


Generous man who opens his heart, truly a

Rare find of humor and passion, of

Ethical beliefs and spiritual kindness ~

Goodness shimmers in blue eyes offering

Optimistic values of hidden romance

Reflecting, a joy of life, as cheerful as the

Yellow walls he painted, as special as



Poetry he gives from the heart, with

Actions that speak louder than words,

Thoughtful and compassionate, creative and

Real, with the drive to understand and

Identify with people. All that I am, he

Captures and holds. I have found my

Knight who not only does battle but



Overflows in patience. One who will

Bike ride with me into sunset’s glow,

Raising a banner of Fleur de Lis, black and gold.

I see a masculine, sensual man that is

Enveloped in benevolence, a precious gem

~Nobody has reached the depths of me as him

Comments

Anonymous said…
Lovely! I'd love to see a picture of the table. It sounds really cool! Finding a man that not only has creativity, but puts the action behind it is a rare find. -HB
Aleta said…
Hi HB ~ Greg just finished putting the trim around the table. Once it's done, I'll be sure to take a picture and post it here. I agree, he is a rare find ~ he's good for his word and often his actions are there before the words leave his lips. It says a lot about him and his integrity. Thanks for posting!