Rain Gage

I water the garden once a day, most of the time early in the morning (before sunrise).  If it's a scorcher, then I give a quick watering in the late afternoon, but not too much, as I don't want the leaves to get mold or a disease.  I was also told by someone in the plant nursery that flowers "only drink in the morning."  Though I think that sounds questionable...?

Given that I'm watering the garden, I'm also keeping an eye on the weather.  This prompted me to hunt for a rain gage.  Sure, there are very simple, functional ones, but if it's going in the garden.. it should be nice, right?

Amazon had one to match the other small angel statues...  When my husband saw the rain gage, he said, "Nice girl rain gage."  I smiled, "It's an angel rain gage."

His eyebrows went up, "Why does she have a hat on if she's an angel?"

Well, hello.... "Because she doesn't want to get her face wet when it rains!"

I think he shook his head... :)

She does have wings, but it's not easy to see up agains the bush in the background.



Comments

Glynis Jolly said…
Right now we don't have to worry about our flowers. It's been raining on and off for several days now. I'm not going to worry about mold yet. Nothing that isn't suppose to look green is looking green yet.
Unknown said…
That's a halo!

Cute rain gauge.